It is very important to us that your privacy remains protected when you use this website (www.porsche-holding.com). Below we provide a comprehensive explanation of how personal data and non-personal data are gathered and used.
Subject to the rights of the parties involved as set forth herein, Porsche Holding GmbH is entitled to use personal data and anonymous data to the extent permitted by law.
This website employs software that allows analysis of usage. By analysing those data, we can gain valuable insights into users' needs. Those insights enable us to continuously improve the quality of our website. In particular, for each retrieval the following data sets are stored (without limitation):
- IP address of the requesting computer, in anonymized form
- date and time of retrieval
- name of page or file retrieved
- session ID
- referrer URL (originating URL from which you accessed our website)
- volume of data transferred
- product and version information for the browser used
- user's operating system
1. What is a cookie?
2. Cookie settings on this website
2.1. Cookies for which consent is not required
So-called "strictly necessary cookies" are used to support functions without which it would not be possible to use this website in the intended manner. These cookies are used by us only, and are thus first-party cookies. They are only stored on your computer for the duration of the current browser session. Strictly necessary cookies: for the log-in function, we have a session cookie. Without that cookie, log-in would not be possible, and functions subsequent to log-in would not be possible either.
These cookies also, for example, make it feasible to switch from http to https, thereby making data transfer more secure. For strictly necessary cookies, consent is not required.
It is not possible to disable strictly necessary cookies via the functionalities of this website. However, you can disable them at any time via your browser. For further information, see below.
2.2. First-party cookies for which consent is required
Cookies which, purely in terms of the relevant legal definitions, are not strictly necessary to enable use of the website do nonetheless fulfil important tasks. Without those cookies, functions which make it easy and convenient to use the website, e.g. pre-filled forms, would not be available. Moreover, without them, settings such as "language" would not be stored and would therefore have to undergo retrieval again for each different web page. Furthermore, without such cookies we would not be able to approach you with customised offers.
The first-party cookies which we use, along with a description, are listed below:
- Cookie designation: Webtrekk GmbH (www.webtrekk.com)
Purpose: with the help of Webtrekk services, we gather statistical data regarding the use of our website. Those data are used to continuously improve and optimise our website and thereby make it more attractive to you. The data provide parameters such as number of visitors, click behaviour and visitors' average active length of visit to a given web page; the data are then analysed, so that the website can undergo ongoing improvement. Statistics regarding referrer URLs are used to determine the number of people who visit our website after having visited a partner website; that enables us to find out which of our marketing campaigns have generated interest in our website.
Storage period: the cookie is deleted after 6 months of inactivity. Provided the visitor makes a visit during that period, the cookie's lifespan will be extended by a further 6 months. (all data are anonymous or anonymised)
- Cookie designation: Tealium
Purpose: we use the services of Tealium iQ to help us manage our marketing tools. Tealium functions as an intermediary between the website and our partners. The data are forwarded to Tealium and sent to our partners accordingly.
Storage period: no data are stored: instead, they are forwarded to our partners only.
2.3. Third-party cookies for which consent is required
- Cookie designation: Google Inc.
Purpose: this website uses Google AdWords, and also conversion tracking and remarketing codes relating to Google AdWords. If you click on an ad displayed by Google, Google AdWords places a cookie for conversion tracking. If you visit a particular page on our website, we and Google can determine that you have clicked on the ad and have been forwarded to that page. The information obtained via the conversion cookies is used to generate statistics for AdWords customers who use conversion tracking. From the statistics, we can determine the total number of users who have clicked on the ad displayed by Google and who have retrieved a page which has a conversion tracking tag. We use Google's remarketing function to reach users who have already visited our website. That allows us to present our advertising to target groups who have already shown interest in our products and services.
Storage period: 30 days (all data are anonymous or anonymised)
To make this disabling technically feasible, an opt-out cookie will be placed in your browser. That cookie will be used solely to implement your opt-out. Please note that for technical reasons an opt-out cookie can only be used for the browser from which it was placed. If you delete cookies or use a different browser or a different device, you must perform the opt-out again.
3. Your cookies settings
You can implement settings in your browser to ensure that cookies will only be created if you give consent, or to ensure that cookies will always be refused. Please note, however, that without cookies some parts of this website will only be usable in a limited manner or will not be usable at all.
You can control how cookies are used, and if necessary block cookies, by configuring your browser as follows:
- Internet Explorer, see (https://support.microsoft.com/de-at/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies) Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab - under Security, click the box entitled "Send Do Not Track requests to sites you visit in Internet Explorer" - click OK
- Firefox, see (https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies-loeschen-daten-von-websites-entfernen) Menu - Options - Privacy & Security - under History, click on "remove individual cookies" - under Cookies, implement as desired - click Close
- Google Chrome, see (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=de) Customise and control Google Chrome - Settings - Advanced - under Privacy and security, click on Content Settings - under Cookies, implement settings as desired
- Safari, see (https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=de_DE) Safari - Settings - Safari - Privacy & Security - Block Cookies - implement settings as desired
Version: April 2018